- 18 macaroons, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 26 snack-size Mounds or Almond Joy candy bars
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave, heat hot fudge topping on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; spread over crust. Trim one end from each candy bar; arrange around edge of pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread vanilla ice cream over fudge topping; freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread strawberry ice cream over vanilla layer; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 13 servings.
Editor's Note: If Almond Joy candy bars are used, arrange bars with almond side facing inward toward the center of the pan.
- 13 Servings