- 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- Confectioners' sugar icing, optional
- Combine nuts, fruit, dates and raisins with 1/2 cup flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and remaining flour; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until smooth. (Batter will be stiff.) Fold in carrots and fruit mixture. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, drizzle with icing. Yield: 12-16 servings.